Hello! I’m Kirsty, a lifestyle photographer based in Abu Dhabi. I’m a Mama to two sweet girls and I know how it feels to want to capture those truly special moments… and when I say special I mean the little moments, the every day moments, not just the big milestones and celebrations…. the moments of you, your little family, living life to the full, telling your story…. the hugs, the snuggles, the way the loves in your life look at you… that’s what I’m here for… to help capture and tell your story…
My approach to photography is to capture real life – with a little sparkle on top fueled by my obsession with pretty light. I want to treasure the moments that need to be remembered. I do that myself with several ongoing personal projects which include being one of the original members of the “Letters to my Daughters” group where I document moments which might otherwise slip away on the path of life in both pictures and words.
I’m happiest when travelling, with camera in hand and my daughters by my side. Or with a latte and instagram. I suffer from extreme wanderlust and can often be found documenting the way kids see the world, either in far flung destinations from Cuba to Cambodia and most places in between, or hanging out at home in Abu Dhabi. There was that one time that my husband and I threw the kids in the back of the car and drove through 3 continents from Abu Dhabi to Ireland, and back again, for a whole year! And I know that kinda makes me sound crazy, but believe me, it was pretty amazing! I spend time on the road every year and take lots of pictures of my own kids backs as they adventure through life, (and temples and souks and rice paddies or over sand dunes!)
* I love my 2 girls and my wonderful husband and family.
* I love snuggles, and cuddles, and hugs and kisses..
* I love chocolate – too much!
* I love cheap Chinese beer.
* I get teary eyed at weddings, and births – yes, even ones I’m shooting – heck, especially ones I’m shooting – I mean seriously, what a privilege!
* I love to travel and see amazing places and people.
* I’m a bit of a greenie and struggle with my eco-conscience.
* I love my cameras and am a closet tech geek!
I feel emotion and passion about photography, and I am blessed by the amazing people who trust me to tell their stories. I can’t wait to meet you…..
My work has been featured in several publications, interviews and exhibitions AND in 2016 I wrote a BOOK!!!!!!!! (insert screaming, excitement and jumping up and down with giddiness here!!)
Features and Interviews:
- Listed as one of 100 Photographers to watch in 2015
- Interview with Childhood Unplugged
- Featured on Design Aglow’s “Travel with Photographers” Series
- Interview with the Shutterstock blog on travelling with and photographing children
- Listed as one of 115+ Inspiring Family Photographers
- Workshop presenter at Click Away Photography Conference, Salt Lake City, September 2014
- TAP Talks – with Kirsty Larmour, photographer and traveller
- Interview with Route Bliss website
- My Photography Journey feature on the Clickin’Moms Blog
- Globetrotting with kids Interview with Motherland Blog
- Interview with Mr Fox magazine about life on the road
- Interview with The Bloom Forum
- Interview with My Four Hens Photography for Inspired, a very special Project
- Let the Kids Dress themselves and here
- Motherhood with a Camera: The Chorus: Home, Changes
- Shutterstock Blog – Capturing Authentic Family Moments
- Our Treasured Baby
- TML Focus
- Inspire me Baby
- Little Bellows
- Reverie | The Blog
- Gulf News
- MCP Actions Blog – guest article on taking pictures of your kids on holiday
- Photography on the Fly – Using intuition and Presence to capture Life’s journey – published by Click and Co and available to download here
- Wildling Magazine, Vol 4, March 2016 – A Year Abroad, Travel Essay
- The Long Way Home Magazine – Surroundings, Vol 4 | twenty sixteen – No Matter Where We Are
- 365 Gratefuls: Celebrating Treasures, big and small
- Dreamer – A Creative Sketchbook Magazine
- Thomas and TERESA Magazine Issue 1 and Issue 2 (print issue)
- Click Magazine May/June 2014 – article on the “Letters to our Daughters” Project
- Click Magazine – July/August 2014 Desert Dreams Interview (read here)
- Click Magazine – September/October 2014 – Images of the Year Feature 2014
- Click Magazine – September/October 2015 – Images of the Year Feature 2015
- Click Magazine – September/October 2016 – Images of the Year Feature 2016
- Capture the Moment – images featured in this book by Clickin’ Moms – proceeds to charity
- Hooligans Magazine – April 2015, Travel photos from Iran featuring CourtneyCourtney dresses
- Photo Contributor to Wild and Free and The Wild Explorers Club – an adventure programme for Children
Exhibitions and Awards:
- Winner of “Mother Nature” Category – the Voice Collection 2016
- Finalist in “Street” category – the Voice Collection 2016
- Winner of “Beautiful Light” category – The Voice Collection 2015
- Finalist in “Street” category for “Alleyway games – Morocco” – The Voice Collection 2015
- Winner of “Best in Category – Street” – The Voice Collection 2014
- Double Semi-finalist in “Photo Essay” category for “A Train Journey through India” and “A morning at the races” – The Voice Collection 2014
- Incredible India exhibition in Hong Kong
I am also a Pro member of Clickin Moms – a subscription-based community of over 16,000 artists, hobbyists, and professional photographers
You can see my photos on the Click Daily Project
I am represented by Offset and my images can be licensed commercially. Click to view my gallery.
I am passionate about travelling and showing kids the world and blog about it over at Letters from the Larmours, where you can see lots of my pretty travel photos and read my travel ramblings – or check out some of the beautiful moments on my Instagram
Companies that I am affiliated with may sometimes pay me commission. I choose companies to partner with carefully and select only those that reflect the high standards and values of the Kirsty Larmour Photography brand.