Hello! I’m Kirsty, a lifestyle photographer based in Goa, India. I’m a Mama to two sweet girls and I know how it feels to want to capture those truly special moments… and when I say special I mean the little moments, the every day moments, not just the big milestones and celebrations…. the moments of you, your little family, living life to the full, telling your story…. the hugs, the snuggles, the way the loves in your life look at you… that’s what I’m here for… to help capture and tell your story…
My approach to photography is to capture real life – with a little sparkle on top fueled by my obsession with pretty light. I want to treasure the moments that need to be remembered. I do that myself with several ongoing personal projects which include being one of the original members of the “Letters to my Daughters” group where I document moments which might otherwise slip away on the path of life in both pictures and words.
I’m happiest when travelling, with camera in hand and my daughters by my side. Or with a latte and instagram. I suffer from extreme wanderlust and can often be found documenting the way kids see the world, either in far flung destinations from Cuba to Cambodia and most places in between, or hanging out at home in India. There was that one time, when we used to live in UAE that my husband and I threw the kids in the back of the car and drove through 3 continents from Abu Dhabi to Ireland, and back again, for a whole year! And I know that kinda makes me sound crazy, but believe me, it was pretty amazing! I spend time on the road every year and take lots of pictures of my own kids backs as they adventure through life, (and temples and souks and rice paddies or over sand dunes!)
* I love my 2 girls and my wonderful husband and family.
* I love snuggles, and cuddles, and hugs and kisses..
* I love chocolate – too much!
* I love cheap Chinese beer.
* I get teary eyed at weddings, and births – yes, even ones I’m shooting – heck, especially ones I’m shooting – I mean seriously, what a privilege!
* I love to travel and see amazing places and people.
* I’m a bit of a greenie and struggle with my eco-conscience.
* I love my cameras and am a closet tech geek!
I feel emotion and passion about photography, and I am blessed by the amazing people who trust me to tell their stories. I can’t wait to meet you…..
My work has been featured in several publications, interviews and exhibitions AND in 2016 I wrote a BOOK!!!!!!!! (insert screaming, excitement and jumping up and down with giddiness here!!)
Conferences and Speaking:
- Workshop presenter at Click Away Photography Conference, Salt Lake City, September 2014
- Workshop presenter for XPOSURE International Photography Conference, Sharjah, U.A.E, November 2017
- Photography educator for Nikon Middle East – January 2018 – ongoing
- Co-Founder – The Wondering Light Global Photography Retreats, Goa, India, October 2018 and coming soon, March 2019
Features and Interviews:
- Listed as one of 100 Photographers to watch in 2015
- Interview with Childhood Unplugged
- Featured on Design Aglow’s “Travel with Photographers” Series
- Interview with the Shutterstock blog on travelling with and photographing children
- Listed as one of 115+ Inspiring Family Photographers
- TAP Talks – with Kirsty Larmour, photographer and traveller
- Interview with Route Bliss website
- My Photography Journey feature on the Clickin’Moms Blog
- Globetrotting with kids Interview with Motherland Blog
- Interview with Mr Fox magazine about life on the road
- Interview with The Bloom Forum
- Interview with My Four Hens Photography for Inspired, a very special Project
- Let the Kids Dress themselves and here
- Motherhood with a Camera: The Chorus: Home, Changes
- Shutterstock Blog – Capturing Authentic Family Moments
- Click&Co Blog Using Souvenirs in your storytelling – a travel photography article
- Click&Co Blog How to take your kids along on your next photo walk
- “Shall we Eat” Assignment – National Geographic Your Shot Feature
- ClickPro Daily of the week winner –Arch, Snow, Rice Terraces
- Our Treasured Baby
- TML Focus
- Inspire me Baby
- Little Bellows
- Reverie | The Blog
- Gulf News
- MCP Actions Blog – guest article on taking pictures of your kids on holiday
- Photography on the Fly – Using intuition and Presence to capture Life’s journey – published by Click and Co and available to download here
- The Moment Before – a guide to anticipating and creating moment drive photography – published by Click and Co – available to download here
- The Road Taken – front cover and contributor
- Wildling Magazine, Vol 4, March 2016 – A Year Abroad, Travel Essay
- The Long Way Home Magazine – Surroundings, Vol 4 | twenty sixteen – No Matter Where We Are
- 365 Gratefuls: Celebrating Treasures, big and small
- Dreamer – A Creative Sketchbook Magazine
- Thomas and TERESA Magazine Issue 1 and Issue 2 (print issue)
- Click Magazine May/June 2014 – article on the “Letters to our Daughters” Project
- Click Magazine – July/August 2014 Desert Dreams Interview (read here)
- Click Magazine – September/October 2014 – Images of the Year Feature 2014
- Click Magazine – September/October 2015 – Images of the Year Feature 2015
- Click Magazine – September/October 2016 – Images of the Year Feature 2016
- Click Magazine – July/August 2017 “Escape Artists” – article on photographing kids as you travel
- Click Magazine – January/February 2019 – Images of the Year
- Capture the Moment – images featured in this book by Clickin’ Moms – proceeds to charity
- Hooligans Magazine – April 2015, Travel photos from Iran featuring CourtneyCourtney dresse
- Photo Contributor to Wild and Free and The Wild Explorers Club – an adventure programme for Children
- Lemonade and Lenses – December 2016 – Capturing Wanderlust
- Mozi Magazine Travel Issue – November 2016 – Travels along the Silk Route
- Dear Photographer Magazine – January 2019 – Technicolour Travels
Exhibitions and Awards:
- The VOICE collection 2018 – Finalist in “Travel and Culture” category – exhibition in CA, USA
- The VOICE Collection 2017 – Finalist in “Travel & Culture” Category – exhibition in FL,USA
- The VOICE Collection 2016 – Winner of “Mother Nature” Category – exhibition in Seattle, USA
- The VOICE Collection 2016 – Finalist in “Street” category – exhibition in Seattle, USA
- The VOICE Collection 2015 – Winner of “Beautiful Light” category – exhibition in San Antonio, TX
- The VOICE Collection 2015 – Finalist in “Street” category for “Alleyway games – Morocco” – exhibition in San Antonio, TX
- The VOICE Collection 2014 – Winner of “Best in Category – Street” – exhibition in Salt Lake City, USA
- Incredible India exhibition in Hong Kong
I am also a Pro member of Clickin Moms – a subscription-based community of over 16,000 artists, hobbyists, and professional photographers
You can see my photos on the Click Daily Project
I am represented by Offset and my images can be licensed commercially. Click to view my gallery.
I am passionate about travelling and showing kids the world and blog about it over at Letters from the Larmours, where you can see lots of my pretty travel photos and read my travel ramblings – or check out some of the beautiful moments on my Instagram
Companies that I am affiliated with may sometimes pay me commission. I choose companies to partner with carefully and select only those that reflect the high standards and values of the Kirsty Larmour Photography brand.